Ice Skating is a fun and enjoyable activity around Christmas time and is a lot of fun for the entire family but it does present some risks, especially for inexperienced skaters.
With that in mind following our safe skating advice will ensure that your visit to Dun Laoghaire On Ice is enjoyable and minimize the possibility of an accident.
Dun Laoghaire On Ice, Ice Marshals are present on the rink at all times during all sessions and you are required to adhere to the our safe-skating guidelines;
- Wear gloves – bring a pair with you as they are not available at the venue.
- Bring a extra pair of socks, these will ensure that your feet are comfortable while skating.
- It is recommended that you wear the safety equipment helmets, knee pads, elbow pad & helmet. Please bring your own safety equipment as it will not be available at the rink.
- The use of cameras, music players or any handheld equipment is not permitted whilst skating.
- Trailing clothing is not permitted whilst skating.
- Any persons, who in the opinion of the Ice Marshals, represent a danger to themselves or others will be asked to leave the rink.
- Any persons who in the opinion of the Ice Marshals have consumed alcohol or any other substance likely to impair their balance will not be allowed on the rink.
- Any persons whose behaviour may be deemed as likely to cause offense to others will be asked to leave the rink.
- At no point are skaters permitted to form trains whilst skating.
- While all reasonable measures are in place to ensure your safety, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are aware of the safety information prior to entering the rink. It is your responsibility to bring to the attention of the Ice Marshal any event or act which may impact on your safety while skating.
- In the event of an accident, Dun Laoghaire On Ice will have a qualified person on duty to provide first aid.
- When your session has ended you will be directed to the exit point by the Ice Marshal and Public Address system. Please exit the rink in an orderly manner.
- If your child is a young toddler they may not fully understand all of the rules and we also ask parents to keep extra close eye on your little one at all times.
- Always pay attention to the skaters around you and pay special attention to skaters ahead of you as they cannot see you coming.
- Remember that ice skating can definitely be a fun activity for the whole family, as long as the rules of safety are closely followed.
- If your children are new to skating it is best to take them during a time when the rink is less crowded. You can call us on 087 758 4575 to find out when the rink is not as crowded and choose this time to take them.
Enjoy and have Fun from all the team at Dun Laoghaire On Ice